WORKSHOPS & SEMINARS
THE DEPTH OF STORYTELLING & STORYLISTENING
Baba’s workshops and seminars engage every learning style. Participants who complete his workshops and seminars gain a greater understanding for the role that listening/speaking play in our development as individuals and communities.
Utilizing the ancient West African bardic craft of Jaliyaa as his base, Baba aides participants in exploring the wealth of curricula employed by indigenous cultures used to shape their societies.. Participants engage in exercises that strengthen their abilities as focused listeners while learning the depth of valuable insights other cultures may have to offer. If you are interested in securing Baba for a workshop or performance Click Here and fill out our Online Booking Form.
SPEAKING & LISTENING
Speaking and Listening are skill sets that “must” be developed. The assumption that because we possess ears we can hear and a mouth, can speak, have been the undoing of many over the ages. Cultures across the world approach the development of these disciplines in unique and creative ways. Baba has traveled, and continues traveling the world exploring the various curriculums (institutional and indigenous) that aid in helping individuals to enhance their speaking and listening skills. If you are interested in securing Baba for a workshop or performance Click Here and fill out our Online Booking Form.
STATISTICS ON LISTENING
- % of Meaning Derived from Facial Expressions 55%
- % of Meaning Derived from How Words are Spoken 38%
- % of Meaning Derived from Words Actually Spoken 7%
- % of People with Formal Training in Listening 2%
STATISTICS ON PUBLIC SPEAKING
- % of People Who Suffer from Speech Anxiety 74%
- % of Women Who Suffer from Speech Anxiety 75%
- % of Men Who Suffer from Speech Anxiety 73%
- % of Adults Who Fear Public Speaking ahead of Death 54%